Lodge a Grievance or Complaint
The AHHCA Grievance Procedure is set up for people to make a complaint – based on the Code of Ethics – against an AHHCA member or Education Provider.
You may submit your complaint (within 6 months of the incident occurring) using the form below.
The AHHCA will then form an Ethics Committee to deal with your complaint following these steps:
- You will be sent a letter of acknowledgement
- The Ethics Committee will facilitate face to face communication between the parties, potentially via a 3rd party mediator
- If mediation is not an option eg alleged criminal or sexual misconduct, the Ethics Committee will support you through the process of notifying the appropriate authorities and potential legal action
- All parties will be informed of any decisions made by the Ethics Committee, and that they have the right to appeal
- Members found in breach of the AHHCA code of Ethics may be sent letters of advice, OR be suspended or have their membership cancelled.
NB: In the interests of natural justice, the information you provide may be disclosed to the AHHCA teacher /practitioner that you have identified.