About the Australian Holistic Healers & Counsellors Association
The Australian Holistic Healers and Counsellors Association (AHHCA) is a not-for-profit organisation, founded by a small group of practitioners in central Victoria, in the 1990s. The dedication of these early members saw the Association continue to grow, to the present time, where our new members, with much energy and vision, are ready to take it to the next stage.
Our Vision is to ensure that there are good quality multi-modality training organisations and practitioners providing holistic health and wellbeing choices to the community.
It is our mission to educate and empower the holistic healing community to be responsible and transparent in providing health and wellbeing services that facilitate informed choices.
We aim to do this by;
- Providing professional support, advice, products, and services to our membership.
- Acting as an accrediting body for training providers of holistic modalities.
- Ensuring best practice standards and professional ethics for practising Healers and education providers of holistic healing.
- Engaging in information gathering, consultation, and advocacy related to current trends in holistic healing.
- Making sure the Association maintains a good financial standing at all times.
Welcome to our Australian Holistic Healers and Counsellors Association website. You may be here looking for a practitioner, be a budding practitioner searching for an association that will best meet your needs or be an established practitioner looking for professional membership and access to insurance. You are all in the right place.
The AHHCA is run for members by members. We are passionate about highly trained professional holistic healers and counsellors who provide a service that considers the whole person. Being a multi-modality association we support and acknowledge the diverse and individual approaches used to achieve emotional, physical, mental and spiritual wellness for ourselves and our clients. Knowing that life and knowledge is constantly changing and evolving we unapologetically have high expectations of our members to stretch and grow through on-going professional development. Striving for excellence through accrediting courses to train the next generation of modern, confident, holistic therapists and counsellors furthers our mission to empower and inform the wellness community.
Theresa Jones – President
The modalities I use in my Intuitive Counselling practice are:
- Holistic Counselling (Certificate of Wholistic Counselling, The Essence of Healing)
- Flower Essences, Australian Bush and Bach Flower (Certificate in Wholistic Flower Essence Therapy, The Essence of Healing)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (Certificate in Energy Healing: Emotional Freedom Technique, The Essence of Healing)
- Reiki (I, II and Master, Om Reiki Centre)
I also hold the following qualifications:
- Cert IV (Alcohol and Other Drug Work, East Gippsland TAFE)
- Grad Dip Arts (Social Welfare, Monash University)
- PhD (African Traditional Medicine, Monash University)
I have enjoyed being a general and Online Presence sub-Committee member since 2016.
I joined the AHHCA in 2008.
I joined to gain professional membership and to be part of a like-minded community of practitioners.
Diane Collett – Vice President
I provide a range of holistic modalities as a;
- Transpersonal Art Therapist
- Holistic Counsellor
- Advanced Crystal Master
- Meditation Teacher and Trainer
- Creative Art Facilitator
I am interested in the fields of anxiety, overwhelm and depression.
I also hold the following qualifications:
- Cert IV Mental health
- Cert IV Disability work
- Cert IV Workplace Training and Assessment
I have taken on the following AHHCA roles:
- Vice president
- Acting Treasure
- Sub committees:
- Website and online presence
- Administration role review
I joined as a member of the AHHCA in 2003.
I became a college principle in 2008.
Current Accredited Course: Meditation Teacher’s Certificate.
I joined the AHHCA because it is one of the few associations that met my needs to cover a variety of modalities that I work in.
I view the integrity of both the association and committee members to be of a very high standard in the work that they were doing and in the direction they now wish to move the association towards. I have found that they want to be involved and help the association achieve these outcomes. This is the 2nd time that I have been on the committee as I needed to step away for a year or two for personal reasons but then volunteered again to continue helping to achieve the goals that the association is working towards.
Charmaine Sinclair – Secretary
My modalities are:
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Past Life Regression
- Holistic Counselling & Life Path Coaching
- Energy Healing
- Intuitive Readings
I have been Secretary of the AHHCA since October 2018.
I came across the AHHCA on the internet while I was looking for appropriate membership bodies. I was impressed with the AHHCA and the professionalism it represents in the wider community. I joined because I think it is important to be a member of a credible association. After an initial phone conversation with the Administrator Karen Howard, I knew I had made the right decision. I am very happy to be a member of the AHHCA, and look forward to working with everyone during the coming year.
Karen Howard – Administrator
I am an:
- Access Bars Facilitator
- Access Body Process Facilitator
- NLP Master Practitioner, Holistic Counsellor
- Energy Worker,
- Expert in Holistic Stress Management
I am the AHHCA’s Administrator and also part of the Online Presence Sub Committee.
I joined the AHHCA in 2008.
I was encouraged to join the AHHCA by the principal of Alpha Omega College where I studied.
I am the founder of Crusoeden Body.
I am committed to enhancing awareness of holistic healing and wellness within the community.
I am qualified as a:
- Holistic Counsellor and Complementary Therapist
- Reiki Master/Teacher
- Restorative Yoga Practitioner
- Yoga Teacher (RYTA350)
I am also on the Education Subcommittee.
I specialise in:
- Bioenergetic therapies
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Holistic counselling
- Loss and Grief Counselling
- Mediation consultation
- Past life regression
- Therapeutic Touch
- An End of life Consultant
- A Holistic Death Doula
- A Reiki / Seichim Master
- A Social Worker
Qualified to provide supervision for Holistic counsellors and members.
I am also on the Education Subcommittee.
Currently a General and Education committee member.
In the past I have been President and Secretary.
I joined the AHHCA in 1996 because of the multi-modality aspect for holistic therapies.
As an energy healer and transformation therapist, I offer a range of therapies to release, relieve and heal mind, body and spirit.
I specialise in the following therapies.
- Holistic Counselling
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Time Line Therapy
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) tapping
- Transformation programs
- Personality Compass
- Chakra Balancing
- Spiritual Healing
- Bach Flower Remedies
I am currently participating in studies to become an End of Life Doula in 2019.
I became a member of the AHHCA in 2003 to have the support and guidance of a professional association and to be a part of a healing and wellness group of practitioners.
I feel privileged to be a General Committee member for 2018 and look forward to the future growth of the organisation.
Linda brings a wealth of experience to Source Centre®, especially her insight into human behaviour, communication skills and commitment to continuous improvement and group harmony. She is known for her patience, sharing perspectives and overall hope, while encouraging all to step more into actualising their potential and living a life of love and wisdom. She has the ability to hold a space of non-judgment for clients to explore the depths of their feelings and issues
Linda has been self-employed for the past 20 years in the field of personal development and holistic counselling. As the head, heart and soul of Source Centre®, Linda continues developing self-healing programs, delivering courses and workshops, professional development for therapists and healers and is currently delivering a Diploma of Transformational Holistic Counselling Course which was developed over many years.
Linda has been serving on the committee for 2 years, serving to ground a holistic presence in Western Australia.
Linda became a member of the AHHCA in 2008. In 2016 Source Centre became an education provider and an approved trainer with AHHCA delivering Transformational Holistic Counselling diploma.
Linda became a member of the AHHCA in order to join a community of holistic healers and counsellors, to contribute to quality professional development for all therapists.
I have quite a few modalities. I refer to myself as an Intuitive Healing Practitioner. I specialise in energy healing and use ‘tools’ from my toolbox below. I work from my studio in Riddells Creek, Victoria, and also do lots of Distance Healing.
- Diploma of Teaching (Early Childhood)
- Diploma of Holistic Healing
- Reiki and Tera Mai Reiki Master
- Kundalini Reiki
- Ashati 1,2 & 3
- Seichem Master
- Ascension 1
- Teacher of Energy Balance Massage
- Certificate in Energy Balance Massage
- Certificate in Holistic Relaxation Massage
- Certificate in Metaphysical Healing
- Certificate in Holistic Counselling
- Certificate in Flower Essence Therapy
- Shell and Coral Essence Practitioner
- Crystals Light Healing Practitioner
- Essence Of Angels Practitioner
- Advanced Liquid Crystal Practitioner
- Pleiadian Lightwork Levels 1 and 2
- Melchizadek Ambassadors Training Programme (MAT)
- Healing Order of The Golden Dragon
- Soul Rescue
I have been a General Committee member since 2018. I am currently on the Education Subcommittee.
I joined the AHHCA in about 2003.
I joined the AHHCA because I gained my Diploma of Holistic Healing through them. This was my first official training and it was a natural progression to then become a member.
Definition of a Healer
Holistic Healer refers to a person who satisfies guidelines and qualifications set by the AHHCA (Australian Holistic Healers Association). The accredited Holistic Health Professional must hold a current AHHCA registration to practice the art of Holistic Healing in observance with the AHHCA ‘Code of Ethics’.
The title Holistic Healer does not infer a practitioner’s ability to heal or cure, rather its aim to facilitate best practice to aid the body’s ability to self-heal in accordance to its nature.
Holistic Healing recognises the contribution of the traditional healing arts as well as methods and techniques currently being developed.
The focus of Holistic Healing is in the treatment of the whole person – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
To ensure there are good quality multi-modality training organisations and practitioners providing health and wellbeing choices to the community
To provide a high quality multi-modality association that educates and empowers the holistic healing community to be responsible and transparent in providing health services that facilitate informed choices and wellness
1. To provide professional support, advice, products, and services to our membership
2. To act as an accrediting body for training providers of holistic modalities
3. To ensure best practice standards and professional ethics for practising Healers and education providers of holistic healing
4. To engage in information gathering, consultation, and advocacy related to current trends in holistic healing
5. To ensure the Association maintains good financial standing
Statement of Purpose
- To advance the formal and professional recognition of Holistic Healers and set minimal educational standards for Holistic Healers.
- To represent the interests of and become an ongoing contact for Holistic Healers. To provide professional advice and an opportunity for social interaction.
- To organise workshops and seminars for post-graduates as well as the general public.
- To set Professional Standards and a Code of Ethics for practising Healers.
- To seek affiliation and where possible, accreditation with like-minded groups and associations, both in Australia and overseas.
- To become a point of reference to the general public and others working in health-related areas, for information and resources concerning Holistic Healers and Holistic Healing.
- To be a forum for discussion about the changing nature of Healers and healing, their public perception and recognition.
- To encourage the teaching of Holistic Healing principles through community groups, educational, medical and paramedical institutions, so that more people will be able to appreciate the role that Holistic Healing has in the broader field of health care.
- To assist members to obtain professional indemnity insurance.
- To produce a monthly newsletter.
Code of Ethics
- Treat all client information as confidential.
- The Practitioner will never offer a medical diagnoses or a prognosis. This is the role of a Medical Doctor, or suitably qualified specialist or practitioner.
- To ensure that clients realise that any recommendations or advice offered is for their consideration only, and that clients should in no way feel compelled to act upon them.
- To use healing methods or techniques that are gentle, natural and that will do no harm to the client.
- To ensure that clients are advised to seek medical opinion whenever any of the ‘red light’ symptoms appear.
- To encourage clients to seek out a Medical Practitioner who most closely meets their personal needs, and to seek the advice and help of their Doctor whenever appropriate.
- To present oneself in a professional manner reflected in standards of dress, cleanliness, speech, etc.
- Maintain a high level of professional competence, seeking always to improve one’s standards and skills.
- Serve those in need irrespective of nationality, sex, age, marital status, race, culture, creed, political views or social standing.
- Respect the rights and dignity of the individual.
- Not to discredit the Association by words or actions.
- Not to puncture the skin, unless appropriately qualified.
- To be sympathetic to client’s needs, expressing a genuine concern and a sensitive, caring attitude.
- To encourage clients to take greater responsibility for their own health and wellbeing.
- To ensure that advertisements clearly state one’s qualifications (eg. Holistic Healer, Holistic Health Practitioner, not Medical Doctor), and not make claims to be able to cure diseases. Appropriate wording (e.g. “may also assist in the treatment of …”).
- The Practitioner does not enter into any contracts or pre-conditions of treatment.